Operation Vanguard destroys 56 changfang motors at Amantin

Date:

Share post:

The “Operation Vanguard 17 Taskforce” stationed in the Western Region has destroyed 56 Changfang motors at Amantin in the Tarkwa-Nsuaem Municipality during its routine patrol duty.

The seized changfang motors were set ablaze.

Superintendent of Police William Kwofie Jabialu, the Commanding Officer of the Western Task Force, who confirmed the story said the activities of the illegal miners were carried out at about 2.5 meters around the Tarkwa-Takoradi Railway lines.

He said the team would continue to pursue the illegal miners as their activities threatened both government and private property in the Region and the country at large.

Superintendent Jabialu appealed to residents in the Region to assist the Task Force to preserve the environment and water bodies.

He also advised illegal miners to desist from all forms of encroachment and destruction of farmlands or face the full rigors of the law.

The Task Force has so far destroyed 357 Changfang motors in a month to clamp down illegal mining.

Related articles

A leader of Myanmar travels to Bangkok as the number of earthquake deaths reaches 3,000.

Myanmar's junta chief Min Aung Hlaing is in Thailand for a regional summitas his country reels from an...

Views of five major economies on the latest Trump tariffs

New trade tariffs unveiled by US President Donald Trump on Wednesday are expected to have a major global...

Wa Municipal Assembly engages stakeholders on NSD re-launch 

The Wa Municipal Assembly has engaged the media and Assembly Members in the Municipality on the re-introduction of...

Cabinet to decide on options of private participation in ECG

Cabinet will soon deliberate on the most suitable of three recommended options: Entity concession, multiple lease, and service...